1) Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as color, camera techniques, and facial features.
2) Display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements, and/or fashion shows.
3) Dress in sample or completed garments, and select accessories.
4) Follow strict routines of diet, sleep, and exercise to maintain appearance.
5) Gather information from agents concerning the pay, dates, times, provisions, and lengths of jobs.
6) Pose as directed, or strike suitable interpretive poses for promoting and selling merchandise or fashions during appearances, filming, or photo sessions.
7) Pose for artists and photographers.
8) Promote products and services in television commercials, on film, or in videos.
9) Stand, turn, and walk to demonstrate features of garments for observers at fashion shows, private showings, and retail establishments.
10) Work closely with photographers, fashion coordinators, directors, producers, stylists, make-up artists, other models, and clients to produce the desired looks, and to finish photo/video shoots on schedule.
11) Assemble and maintain portfolios, print composite cards, and travel to go-sees to obtain jobs.
12) Hand out samples or gifts, demonstrate products, and converse with children and adults while dressed in costume.
13) Inform prospective purchasers about models, numbers, and prices of garments, the garments' designers, and where garments can be purchased.
14) Make many quick changes backstage during fashion shows, productions etc and yet maintain poised appearance before audiences or cameras.
15) Wear character costumes and impersonate characters portrayed to amuse children and adults.